IPL 2017, Kings XI Punjab vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Maxwell smashes critics with an easy win
Chasing a 149-run target, Punjab were boosted by an unbeaten half-century by experienced opener Amla and a power-packed innings by Maxwell lower down the order and crossed the line with 33 balls to spare.
Amla batted through the innings and remained unbeaten on 58 runs off 38 deliveries, hitting four boundaries and three sixes along the way.
Maxwell played a typically explosive innings, smashing 43 runs off 22 balls with three boundaries and four massive hits into the stands.
KXIP XI: M Vohra, H Amla, W Saha, G Maxwell, D Miller, MP Stoinis, A Patel, M Sharma, Sandeep Sharma, V Aaron, T Natarajan— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) April 10, 2017
RCB XI: S Watson, V Vinod, AB de Villiers, K Jadhav, M Singh, S Binny, P Negi, I Abdulla, T Mills, B Stanlake, Y Chahal— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) April 10, 2017
Kings XI Punjab
Royal Challengers Bangalore
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day