Lok Sabha Election 2019: Polling dates for Chandigarh
Dates for India’s 17th Lok Sabha elections were announced on March 10. The Lok Sabha elections will be held in seven phases starting, April 11, according to the Election Commission of India. The votes will be counted on May 23 and will decide the fate of major political parties in India.
Chandigarh sends one member of parliament to the Lok Sabha.
Presently, BJP’s Kirron Kher is the sitting MP. She defeated Congress’ Pawan Kumar Bansal by almost 70,000 votes in the last Lok Sabha elections in 2014. He served as the Minister of Railways from 28 October 2012 to 10 May 2013.
In 2014, almost 281, 593 women voted. The total number of voters stood at 453,455.
Chandigarh Lok Sabha Election Schedule (Phase 1)
Date of polling: May 19
Results of the Lok Sabha Election will be announced on 23 May.
Popular on BI
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi