Looks like the search for the rumored Nazi ghost train is back on
"The train isn't a needle in a haystack," said Andrzej Gaik, a retired teacher and spokesman for the renewed effort to search for the train told AFP.
"If it's there, we'll find it," Gaik added.
'There may be a tunnel. There is no train'
Professor Janusz Madej from Krakow's Academy of Mining said the geological survey of the site showed that there was no evidence of a train after using magnetic and gravitation methods.
"There may be a tunnel. There is no train,"Madej said at a news conference in Walbrzych, according to the BBC.
One of the treasure hunters, Piotr Koper, insists that "there is a tunnel and there is a train" and that the results are skewed because of different technology used, the Telegraph reports.
According to a local myth, the train is believed to have vanished in 1945 with stolen gold, gems, and weapons when the Nazi's retreated from the Russians.
During the war, the Germans were building headquarters for Nazi leader Adolf Hitler in Walbrzych's medieval Ksiaz Castle (then-called the Fuerstenstein castle).
Below the castle the Germans built a system of secret tunnels and bunkers called "Project Riese."
The train is in one of these hidden passages, says Tadeusz Slowikowski, the only living source of the train legend. Slowikowski, a retired miner who searched for the train in 2001, believes the Nazi's blew up the entrance to the train's tunnel.
"I have lived with this mystery for 40 years, but each time I went to the authorities they always silenced it," Slowikowski told The Associated Press. "For so many years! Unbelievable!"
Slowikowski, who searched for the train in 2001, believes it is near the 65th kilometer of railway tracks from Wroclaw to Walbrzych.
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh
- Deadly Covid variants still transmissible between species, finds study
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World