Government employees will now be reimbursed for full rail fares for children between 5 to 12 years
AdvertisementThe central government has relaxed the norms of Leave Travel Concession (LTC), and will now reimburse full train fare of tickets bought for children aged between five and 12 years.
The move has come after Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) received several references, when various ministries sought clarification about the reimbursements of these fares.
After consulting with Department of Expenditure and Finance Ministry, it was decided that for children in government employees’ family, aged from 5 to 12 years, the actual rail fare shall be reimbursed for LTC.
Earlier, Railways had decided to charge full fare for children in this age group, for whom full berth or seats were sought at the time of reservation. However, if a berth or seat was not sought at the time of reservation, then half of the adult fare was to be charged.
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- List of Famous things to buy in Srinagar
- What you need to know when you exercise your stock option plan
- BGMI release date announced: Available to Android users for download starting today
- Gangubai Kathiawadi tops technical awards at 23rd IIFA's music-loaded opening
- About 27K employees lost jobs at Indian startups to date, over 8K this year