Manipur Lok Sabha Election Result 2019
|Constituency||Current MP||BJP Candidate Name||Congress Candidate Name||NCP|
|Outer Manipur||Thangso Baite (Congress)||K K Ranjan Singh||K James||Angam Karung Kom (Winner)|
|Inner Manipur||Thokchom Meinya (Congress)||H Shokhopao Mate (Benjamin)||O Nabakishore Singh (Winner)|
Manipur, which has two Lok Sabha seats, will see a win for the Bharatiya Janata Party and Congress with each bagging one seat, according to the Times Now-VMR exit poll results.
The state of Manipur has just two Lok Sabha constituencies. The Inner Manipur seat went for polling on April 11 and the Outer Manipur constituency voted for the Lok Sabha elections 2019 on April 18. Since long in history, the issue of protecting the local population from outsiders has been the major issue in the politics of the state. At present, Manipur is ruled by a BJP government under the leadership of Biren Singh. In the state, the fight is between the BJP led coalition that includes LJP, NPF and NPP on one side and the Congress party on the other side.
In the Inner Manipur constituency, T Chaoba Singh representing the Manipur State Congress party won during the 1999 elections and from 2004, Thokchom Meinya of Congress is holding the seat. From the Outer Manipur seat, Holkhomang Haokip of the Nationalist Congress Party won the seat in 1999. An independent candidate Mani Charenamei won it in 2004. Thansgo Baite, the Congress candidate is holding it from 2009. In 2019 Lok Sabha elections, KK Ranjan Singh of BJP fielded against K James of Congress and H Shokhopao Mate of the BJP is fighting with O Nabakishore Singh of the Congress.
Popular on BI
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: HDFC, Tata Motors among stocks to watch
- A fifth of Indians feel sleepy at work, future worries keep ‘em awake
- Top ChatGPT 4 plugins: From math, physics and language tutor to vacation planner
- Most of India's statewide heat action plans are inadequate to deal with local risks, new CPR report says
- CIRP initiated in cases of DHFL, ABG Shipyard, Bhushan Power & Steel