Manmohan Singh on cash ban: ‘In the long run we’re all dead’
View all Offers
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has termed the demonetisation move as a ‘monumental mismanagement’.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUAddressing the Rajya Sabha, Singh said scrapping of old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes could lift people’s confidence in the country and the banking system.
AdvertisementPrime Minister Narendra Modi had announced
The opposition has demanded Modi to speak up on the issue in the parliament.
Meanwhile, Singh said, “PM said we should wait 50 days. For those who are from the poor & deprived sections, even 50 days torture can bring about disastrous effect."
Here are the highlights of his speech in Rajya Sabha
- “It is important to take note of the grievances of the people suffering and noted that over 60 people might have died in incidents linked to being unable to access their money.”
- "This is a case of organised loot and legalised plundering."
Advertisement- “This could erode people's confidence in currency and banking system".
- "Can the Prime Minister name any country where people have deposited money in banks but can't access it?"
- "Even those who say that this measure will cause distress, in the short run, & it will be in the interest of the country in the long run reminds me of John Keynes' words, 'In the long run we are all dead.'"
Advertisement- "PM said we should wait 50 days. For those who are from the poor & deprived sections, even 50 days torture can bring about disastrous effect."
- "My feeling is that the GDP can decline by 2 percent points because of this. That, in my opinion, is an underestimate and not an overestimate."
- "I urge PM to find pragmatic means to ease suffering of our people."
- Here’s how you can transfer photos from mobile phone to laptop
- BMW builds two futuristic electric scooters that you cannot buy
- Facebook’s first smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban are coming soon but don’t get too excited yet
- Shortform apps to take over second spot in users time spent after Internet giants like Facebook and Google: RedSeer
- OPINION: Rupee exchange rate against the Euro may improve to 86 in the near term