Markets Tumbling - Dow Down 135
The Dow is down 137 points (-0.8%). The S&P is down 13 points (-0.6%).
The US economic calendar is light today. At 10:00 a.m., we'll get the Job Openings And Labor Turnover Survey. Economists estimate US companies had 4.7 million job openings in August.
Earlier, we learned German industrial production activity dropped 4% in August, which was much worse than the 1.5% expected. This only adds to concerns that Europe's second largest economy will drag the whole eurozone into a recession.
Among the big losers in the US markets is SodaStream, which warned that its Q3 revenue and earnings have fallen far short of analysts forecasts. Shares are down 20% in early trading.
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
- Samsung announces Galaxy Watch5 Series with sleep tracking and IR temperature sensor
- India's exports rose to $36 billion in July; trade deficit almost triples
- Rupee, bond yield ends almost flat ahead of the long weekend