Markets Tumbling - Dow Down 135
The Dow is down 137 points (-0.8%). The S&P is down 13 points (-0.6%).
The US economic calendar is light today. At 10:00 a.m., we'll get the Job Openings And Labor Turnover Survey. Economists estimate US companies had 4.7 million job openings in August.
Earlier, we learned German industrial production activity dropped 4% in August, which was much worse than the 1.5% expected. This only adds to concerns that Europe's second largest economy will drag the whole eurozone into a recession.
Among the big losers in the US markets is SodaStream, which warned that its Q3 revenue and earnings have fallen far short of analysts forecasts. Shares are down 20% in early trading.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala