Maroon 5 will reportedly perform at the Super Bowl halftime show
- Maroon 5 has reportedly agreed to perform at Super Bowl LIII.
- The band's frontman, Adam Levine, has said in the past that the band has been on the shortlist for years to play it.
Maroon 5 has finally gotten the call to perform at the Super Bowl halftime show.
According to reports in Us Weekly and Variety, the band was offered the gig and has accepted. Frontman Adam Levine has said in the past that the band has been on the shortlist to play the Super Bowl for years.
Maroon 5 is currently on tour promoting its 2017 album, "Red Pill Blues."
Playing halftime at the Super Bowl is a prized honor in music. Everyone from Lady Gaga to Prince has performed at it. Last year, Justin Timberlake had the honor at Super Bowl LII.
Maroon 5 is certainly a safe choice for the NFL, and it will likely lead to some groans on social media. Even before the reports of the band playing Super Bowl LIII (on February 3, 2019), 2014 performer Bruno Mars took to Twitter pleading with the league to choose a hip-hop artist for the halftime show.
At least we'll probably get to see Cardi B, as she's featured on the Maroon 5 song, "Girls Like You."
"It's a Super Bowl tradition to speculate about the performers for the Pepsi Halftime Show," an NFL spokesman said to Business Insider when asked to confirm the reports. "We are continuing to work with Pepsi on our plans but do not have any announcements to make on what will be another epic show."
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Qatar Airways says it is not accepting passengers on its flights from 2 African nations immediately due to the new Omicron variant
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200