Meet 106-year-old Aida Gemanque, the oldest Olympic torch bearer
Three years after becoming the world's oldest skydiver,
Gemanque broke the record formerly held by
"I am overjoyed. I have to be grateful for this joy, which I never expected in my life. I am immensely proud," Gemanque said.
The 95-day torch relay will pass through 325 Brazilian cities and involve some 12,000 runners before ending at Rio's Maracana Stadium for the lighting of the Olympic cauldron on August 5.
- PM's visit to vaccine centres gets 'praise' from Congress
- Pollution, pandemic and pre-term birth
- Serum Institute of India threatens to seek ₹100 crore in damages from Chennai volunteer
- PM to interact with more teams of Covid-19 vaccine developers
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine