Meet India’s first female automobile mechanic
Unlike other women of her age, she stands out of the crowd. Not just for her achievements, but also for her attire. While most women in the little village of
ALSO READ: These women run the coolest start ups in the country all by themselves
At a time when most career options have seen women grow to their potential, car garages are amongst a few places where women haven’t put their foot in. Maruti Suzuki has initiated a program to accommodate women in rare professions like these.
And the change maker here,
Being a Supervisor, her job entails assessing every car that enters, ensuring it is serviced properly and handling client queries on delivery. She is passionate about her job and wants to learn more about vehicles and machinery. She is a part of the 2nd
Trained on latest cars and systems, with practical experience, factory visits and a strengthened curriculum, the ITI is becoming a go-to place for many boys and girls from lesser privileged homes wanting a job in the auto industry.
“I never thought I would make a career in a male dominated profession. Not only did I do well in the ITI course but got a good job and promotion at Maruti Suzuki automobile service workshop. Now, I am planning to do an advanced course,” said
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30