Mercedes-Benz has a new BMW M5 fighter, and it's ready for action
On Tuesday, Mercedes-Benz and its AMG performance division unveiled their latest offering - the E63. It is the latest entry in the German super-sedan arms race. When the E63 enters production, it will join a crowded field that includes such industry heavyweights as the BMW M5, Audi RS7, and Porsche Panamera Turbo.
The new super fast E-Class model will be offered in two variants: the standard E63 sedan and a "higher" performance E63 S. Both versions of the E63 sedan will be powered a 4.0-liter biturbo V8 engine.
"The new E63 models represent the biggest step forward we've ever taken from one generation to the next," Mercedes-AMG chairman Tobias Moers said in a statement.
"Vehicle dynamics were especially important to us. At the start of the development process, we opted for a fully variable all-wheel drive system which, when combined with the advanced performance of the 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine, reaffirms our brand's "Driving Performance" claim."
The Mercedes-AMG E63 sedan will make its world debut at the 2016 LA Auto Show in November.
Here's a closer look at the E63:
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO