Mercedes is pouring $562 million into delivery van drones - here's a glimpse of what's to come
Mercedes-Benz is getting into package deliveries.
In September, the Mercedes announced a "multimillion" investment in drone startup Matternet, the creator of an autonomous drone. The Wall Street Journal reported that the investment totals €500 million ($562 million) over the next 5 years.
Mercedes unveiled a self-driving van concept to showcase its vision for a futuristic drone delivery service. The German automaker isn't the only one exploring the drone delivery van service - UPS recently unveiled a hybrid truck with a drone nest built into the roof. The nest would house a Workhorse HorseFly autonomous drone that could carry 10 pounds worth of packages.
Scroll down for Mercedes' package delivery vision:
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning