Mi launches Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro launched in India, starting from ₹ 21,999
- Redmi K20 and K20 Pro launched, offering premium specifications at budget price range
- K20 Pro sports a 48MP triple-camera setup and a 20MP pop-up selfie camera
- Devices available on sale from July 22 on Mi portal and Flipkart
These launches also mark Xiaomi’s debut of the flagship Snapdragon chipset and other premium features like an AMOLED display, in-display fingerprint sensor and a pop-up selfie cameras in the Redmi phone series.
The Redmi K20 Pro price is priced at ₹ 27,999 and Rs 30,999 for the 8GB + 256GB variant. The K20 Pro comes in three colours – Flame Red, Glacier Blue and Carbon Fiber.
Both the phones, the Redmi K20 and the Redmi K20 Pro will go on sale in India from 22 July on Mi.com and Flipkart. Sweetening the deal for prospective buyers is a cashback of Rs 2,000 on ICICI Bank debit and credit cards tomorrow, or a cashback of Rs 1,000 on purchases later.
Xiaomi fans who have bought their Alpha Sale access pass will be able to redeem their passes today starting at 8 PM through 11.59 PM on Mi.com and Flipkart. These buyers will also get a cashback of Rs 2,000 while purchasing today.
Xiaomi has also introduced its 27W fast charger, priced of Rs 999.
Redmi K20 Pro specifications
Among the two devices, the Redmi K20 Pro is the more premium smartphone of the two. The device appears to be positioned to take on the OnePlus 7, which was launched in May this year. Like the OnePlus 7, the K20 Pro also features a notchless display and a pop-up selfie camera.
AdvertisementThe K20 pro also incorporates an eight-layer graphite cooling solution to prevent the slowing down the phone and keeping the device cool.
Most of the front of the Redmi K20 Pro is used up by the 6.39-inch Full HD+ notchless AMOLED display. The display supports DC dimming and is HDR-compatible. It also houses the seventh-gen in-display fingerprint sensor with improved authentication speeds.
Running on Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10 on top, the Redmi K20 Pro is powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset. This is paired with 6GB or 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB or 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
In terms of imaging, the Redmi K20 Pro sports a triple camera setup on the back and a pop-up selfie camera. The rear camera module houses a 48-megapixel primary camera with Sony IMX 586 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, a 13-megapixel ultrawide angle camera and an 8-megapixel telephoto lens with 2x zoom. The pop-up camera module houses a 20-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture and panorama support.
Bolstering the performance is the Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip. In terms of connectivity, it supports dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS L1+L2 dual-band, NFC, 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB Type-C port. It is powered by a 4,000mAh battery and supports 27W fast charging.
AdvertisementRedmi K20 specifications
While the Redmi K20 is the more affordable of the two devices, it shares many specs with the Redmi K20 Pro. The changes in the Redmi K20 revolve around the chipset, cameras and memory.
The Redmi K20 is powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 chipset, paired with 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB or 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage. On the back, it has the same 48 + 13 + 8-megapixel camera setup, but the 48-megapixel camera has a Sony IMX 582 sensor. There is a 20-megapixel pop-up selfie camera on the top.
Rest of the specs are the same as the Redmi K20 Pro, except the standard K20 supports only 18W fast charging.
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- DeSantis says Congress should act if Apple follows through on Elon Musk claims and bans Twitter from App Store
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000
- Asus ROG Phone 6 review: A bit more than just gaming
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2