Microsoft's big conference for programmers sold out in under an hour, despite no hardware giveaways
By 9:35 AM, the time I'm writing this, Microsoft Build 2016 was completely sold out, with a waitlist filling up rapidly.
That's despite the fact that as Windows Central reports, there won't be any free hardware giveaways at Build 2016. Last year, for comparison, every attendee got an HP Spectre x360 laptop/tablet hybrid ready for a Windows 10 upgrade.
Instead, Microsoft says that Build 2016 will focus more on giving developers more and better options on workshops to boost their technical expertise.
All of this interest in Build is a big vote of confidence in CEO Satya Nadella's vision for Microsoft, which promises more and greater opportunities for app developers with Windows 10.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Fitch Ratings revises outlook on OYO's long-term issuer ratings to 'positive' from 'stable'
- Mahindra Thar, Tata Nexon and more: SUVs with the longest waiting period
- Centre's fiscal deficit for 2022-23 at 6.4% of GDP: CGA data
- Vedanta Resources pays $400 million debt, borrowings down to $6.4 billion
- Stock markets snap four-day gaining streak on weak global cues