MILLION-DOLLAR URLS: The most expensive domain names of all time
Quite a lot of cash.
We scoured domain name resource DN Journal and put together a list of documented million-dollar, domain-only ".com" sales. Some have been squatted on for 20 years and have only recently traded hands.
Unsurprisingly, sex- and gambling-related domains are some of the biggest money makers.
NOTE: Web businesses have other assets and are not domain-only sales, so they were not eligible for this list. For example, Insure.com was bought for $16 million as a fully-operating, profitable company. DN Journal reports only the domain names sold after 2003 because prior sales are not verified by credible sources.
- Sensex, Nifty bounce back in the green after a tepid opening
- Ultra-strong spider silk made by silkworms injected with spider DNA could be the answer to our sustainable fibre problem
- Samhi Hotels lists at just over 6% premium but higher than grey market expectations
- Fintech Zaggle's debut fizzles out with flat listing gains
- India’s inclusion in JP Morgan’s Global Bond Indices to see inflows of $25-40 bn