Modi Govt To Utilise Surplus PSU Land For New Manufacturing And Infra Projects
"The idea is that since land acquisition is a very long-drawn process, we can identify the land available and then match it with the requirements of a new project," the newspaper quoted a senior official of the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises as saying.
According to the ministry's estimates, out of the 18 lakh acres of land available with PSUs, 8-10 lakh acres can be used soon. A senior official working with a
12 sick PSUs, which are not operational but have surplus land, have been identified for this purpose. Some of the companies are: Hooghly Dock & Port Engineers Ltd,
"We are examining these firms from both financial viability and HR issues. They have some land that can be utilised," the official added.
Popular on BI
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- Amul hikes milk price by ₹2/ltr in Gujarat
- GST mop-up rises 13% to ₹1.6 lakh crore in March, second highest collection ever
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge