More than 10 million 'Fortnite' players logged on to watch a 10-minute concert over the weekend, proving there's more to the craze than just playing the game
- "Fortnite" is the most popular video game in the world with more than 200 million registered players worldwide.
- This past weekend millions of "Fortnite" players logged into the game to watch EDM star Dj Marshmello perform a 10-minute concert set on Saturday, February 2nd.
- Players gathered at the virtual Pleasant Park in "Fortnite" to watch the performance and could dance along to the music with other players in-game. More than 10 million players reportedly watched the concert while logged into the game.
A virtual performance hosted inside of the world's most popular video game may have been an early glimpse at a future cultural phenomenon. More than 10 million "Fortnite" players logged into the game on Saturday to watch a 10-minute virtual concert performed by EDM star Dj Marshmello, a massive success for the game's first live performance and evidence that players are interested in more than just shooting each other."Fortnite" has more than 200 million registered players worldwide, including Marshmello himself. The basic game mode pits 100 players against one another in a fight for survival, but as the concert demonstrated, there are many ways to enjoy the game. Each week brings new social and competitive events for players to explore, and the game's new creative mode is encouraging them to craft their own experience.Advertisement
On the day of the concert, Fortnite released a special mode that prevented players from shooting each other while they were in the concert area.The first concert in "Fortnite" was a massive success and a perfect example of how the game has captured the attention of millions.Advertisement
What makes me happiest about today is that so many people got to experience their first concert ever. All the videos I keep seeing of people laughing and smiling throughout the set are amazing. Man I'm still so pumped- marshmello (@marshmellomusic) February 3, 2019
Thank you @marshmellomusic and @FortniteGame for a stellar encore performance, this was a truly unforgettable event that I'm so glad I didn't miss! I missed the first performance due to work, so I'm thankful for having the opportunity again to experience my first ever concert pic.twitter.com/DHE2ZJZpuK- GameRebel (@GRebel21) February 3, 2019
- MS Dhoni’s latest animated ad with Gulf Oil is the dose of positivity you need today to cheer yourself up
- 10 people test positive for COVID-19 in UP's Muzaffarnagar; district total now 35
- Singapore reports 533 new COVID-19 cases
- Two more test positive for COVID-19 in Manipur; total 41
- COVID death toll in Delhi mounts to 303 ; highest spike of 792 cases