More than 8,000 store closures were announced in 2017 - here's the full list
Retailers are closing thousands of stores following years of declines in sales and customer traffic.
Bankruptcies accounted for a large chunk of the stores that have closed or are closing. But a tough physical retail environment stemming from steeper online competition is also being blamed.
We compiled a list of the 8,053 closures that were announced in 2017.
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- Multiplexes' revenue growth to dip to 15% in FY25 as OTTs crimp profit margins