Mukesh Ambani is richer than the Hindujas and Azim Premji put together
- Reliance Industries’ chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped the Hurun rich list for the eight time in a row.
- Mukesh Ambani is worth as much as ₹380,700 crore.
- He is also worth more than the country’s second and third richest --SP Hinduja family and Azim Premji, respectively.
Reliance Industries’ chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped the Hurun rich list for the eight time in a row.
The owners of oil-to-banking Hinduja group, SP Hinduja and family control a wealth of ₹186,500 crore. A few months back, Hindujas were in the running to acquire Jet Airways, but the deal fell through.
The third richest person is Azim Premji, the former chairman of technology major Wipro, is worth ₹117,100 crore.
As many as 953 new names were added to the list, which has increased by 122 people from last year.
Here are the top 10 richest people in India, according to the list.
|Rank||Name||Wealth (₹ crore)||Company|
|1||Mukesh Ambani||380,700||Reliance Industries|
|2||SP Hinduja & family||186,500||Hinduja|
|4||LN Mittal & family||107,300||ArcelorMittal|
|5||Gautam Adani & family||94,500||Adani Ports & SEZ|
|6||Uday Kotak||94,100||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|7||Cyrus S Poonawalla||88,800||Serum Institute of India|
|8||Cyrus Pallonji Mistry||76,800||Shapoorji Pallonji|
|8||Shapoor Pallonji Mistry||76,800||Shapoorji Pallonji|
|10||Dilip Shanghvi||71,500||Sun Pharmaceutical Industries|
- 'Facebook, Google, Twitter won't be reined in by Trump order'
- Indian-origin S African appointed COO of company assisting in combating organised bank-related crimes
- Govt can't compel COVID-19 positive people into state quarantine facilities: South African court
- Defence secretary tests positive for COVID-19: Sources
- Highest spike of 1,513 fresh COVID cases in Delhi takes total to over 23K; death toll rises to 606