Mukesh Ambani keeps salary unchanged for ninth consecutive year
He did not even take stock options like other board directors.
By not changing his salary, perquisites and allowances and commission capped since 2008-09, Ambani has given up almost Rs 24 crore per annum.
"The chairman and managing director's compensation has been set at Rs 15 crore as against Rs 38.75 crore as approved, reflecting his desire to continue to set a personal example for moderation in managerial compensation levels," said the 2016-17annual report of RIL.
Popular on BI
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others