My favorite part about Apple Music so far
In short, I'm so ingrained in Spotify that it's going to take a lot to convince me to ditch it for something else.I've been testing Apple Music for about a day through the service's free three-month trial. So far, the experience is mostly the same as Spotify. I get access to tens of millions of songs on demand and can store them on my phone so I can listen if you don't have an internet connection.
But I have found one key area where Apple Music beats Spotify: the playlists.Both services have a bunch of curated playlists that you can search for by genre or mood. But it feels like Apple puts more care into its playlists than Spotify does.
Even better: Apple Music takes your own tastes into account when it recommends new playlists for you. When you first load the app, it asks you to name some of your favorite artists and genres. From there, it recommends playlists, albums, and singles in a special section of the app called "For You."
The playlists are by far my favorite part of the For You section, and I can see it as the best way to discover new music through curated playlists based on what I already like. As much as I love Spotify, it doesn't do the best job at taking my tastes into account when recommending music.Of course, this is just one aspect of Apple Music. Overall, I don't think it offers enough to make a dedicated Spotify user like me switch.
- OYO’s ‘Hockey’ print campaign is winning the internet; there’s a lot more in store, says its head of global brand Mayur Hola
- 77 cases of Indian COVID-19 variant found in the UK
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa and MP from Punjab Harshmit Kaur Badal test COVID-19 positive
- Pakistan temporarily shuts down social media amid anti-France protests
- Four charts show how COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed in India