MYSTERY: Apple Is Planning To Announce 'New Hardware' In Two Weeks
While most people expect the event to focus entirely on new software, Mark Gurman at 9to5Mac teased today, "Also, according to sources, Apple is planning to unveil new hardware at this year's conference."
What will it be? We have no idea. We're expecting something minor like a MacBook Air with a high-resolution Retina screen. Last year Apple announced a new Mac Pro at WWDC. It didn't release the Mac Pro until the end of the year.
This year, Apple is expected to update its Mac operating system to look more like the iPhone's software. It would make sense to have a sharper screen for the MacBook Air to highlight the new, sharper look of the software.
You could start getting excited about the possibility of Apple announcing the iWatch, but that would probably be a mistake. Sure, Gurman says Apple will announce a new app called "Healthbook" that collects all sorts of health and fitness data. And sure, it would make sense for Apple to roll out a hardware device that works with that app. And, sure, there's been a lot of talk about Apple doing a smartwatch, but odds are against it being ready to announce the iWatch so soon. There's been very little lately on the iWatch.
Whatever Apple is planning, it's keeping it under wraps. Even developers don't know what Apple will be talking about. At WWDC, Apple executives host sessions with developers. Benjamin Mayo, another writer at 9to5Mac, tweeted out some photos of Apple's current schedule for developers at WWDC. This year it has some funny placeholder titles:
"Don't even try to guess" Whoever wrote that knows the exact opposite will happen. pic.twitter.com/hesISJSuoO- Benjamin Mayo (@BenjaminZAMayo) May 21, 2014
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes is the need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip's founder Deep Kalra moves into a chief mentor role