Nearly half of Narendra Modi's $1.4 trillion ‘new’ infrastructure promise may be already approved projects
Indian Prime Minister
Narendra Modi promised to spend $1.4 trillion building infrastructure if he gets re-elected in the upcoming Parliamentary elections. While the manifesto of the Modi-led political outfit, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), lacked details, data shows that projects worth nearly half that amount, over $600 billion, are already in various stages of planning or implementation.
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day