Nest is definitely not for sale, according to the new CEO
"My only agenda for Nest is to scale and grow with innovative products," CEO Marwan Fawaz said in a letter to Nest employees obtained by Nilay Patel at The Verge. "Nest is not for sale, and scaling and innovation aren't mutually exclusive."
Speculation about a possible sale has been rampant since last week when CEO Tony Fadell stepped down and Fawaz was named as his successor amid rumors of Nest's poor financial performance. Fawaz previously served as the head of Motorola Home, which was owned by Google, where he oversaw the sale of the business to Arris. After Fawaz was tapped to lead Nest on Friday, many wondered if he'd been brought in to prep the maker of smart home appliances for a sale.
Read the full letter - including an interesting bit that's been redacted - on The Verge.
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states
- Sunil Kanugolu: The poll strategist behind Congress' win in Telangana
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP