Netflix advances Sacred Games 2 release by 12 hours — can be viewed at midnight
- Netflix decided to advance the release of their much-awaited show Sacred Games 2 by 12 hours.
- Netflix has reportedly backed
Sacred Games season 2with an investment of ₹1 billion.
AdvertisementIn a surprise move, Netflix decided to advance the release of their much-awaited show Sacred Games 2 by 12 hours. The show is going to air as soon as the clock ticks 15 August at 12 am.
The series was reportedly going to release on the 15 August during the day with 12 episodes
Sacred Games will go live at 12 AM tonight. Matlab neend ka balidaan dena hoga.— Netflix India (@NetflixIndia) 1565768918000
Netflix has reportedly backed Sacred Games season 2 ₹1 billion (₹100 crore) on the second season -- so far the highest on the production of any original content on any OTT platform in India.
The success of the first season of the show with its ensemble cast has led to a lot of expectations both from users and producers. reported LiveMint.
Sacred Games has gained popularity in India and around the world. The New York Times also recommended the series on Wednesday TV watchlist.
"The interesting part is that two out of every three Sacred Games viewers were from outside India. It gained a lot of traction in Latin America, the US and Europe," Netflix told Business Insider India.
The company further added, "The anticipation for season 2 has been immense and the trailer has racked up over 12.7 million views on YouTube. "
The ₹1 billion Sacred Games 2 is Netflix’s biggest bet in India so far
Popular on BI
- COP28 set to kick off from Nov 30 — UAE hopeful for deal on renewable energy tripling, doubling energy efficiency
- Family Man Manoj Bajpayee bats for movie heroes who like ‘the common man’
- Gandhar Oil IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club