Netflix may have leaked the release date for 'The Witcher,' the upcoming adaptation of the hit video game and book series
- Netflix's "The Witcher" is an adaptation of the hit video game series of the same name.
- The eight-episode series will star Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia, Freya Allan as Ciri, and Anya Chalotra as Yennefer.
- Netflix hasn't officially announced a release date for "The Witcher," but a leak from Netflix Netherlands suggests that the series will debut on December 17, 2019. Redanian Intelligence, a "Witcher" news site, spotted Facebook and Twitter posts counting the days until the series premieres.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Netflix might have leaked the release date for "The Witcher," an upcoming adaptation of the hit video game and book series.Though Netflix has been teasing the series for more than a year, the company hasn't officially announced a release date. However, a pair of social media posts from Netflix Netherlands appears to have leaked the release dates for 10 upcoming Netflix shows. "The Witcher" news website Redanian Intelligence spotted a pair of posts on Facebook and Twitter that suggest "The Witcher" is 97 nights away.
Netflix debuted the first trailer for "The Witcher" at San Diego Comic Con in July, showing off "Justice League" star Henry Cavill as "Witcher" hero Geralt of Rivia. Cavill is joined by actresses Freya Allan and Anya Chalotra in their first major roles.
"The Witcher" began as a Polish book series in the 1990s. The series follows the adventures of Geralt of Rivia, a traveling monster-hunter with magical powers. It was eventually adapted into a video game series in 2007, which brought the series international attention. "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" won multiple Game of the Year awards in 2015 and the games have sold more than 30 million copies worldwide.Here's what the stars of "The Witcher" look like on set:
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat
- Larsen & Toubro sees a slowdown in new orders in the first three months of 2021 — management says contracts have been deferred
- Delhi plans to add 1,200 ICU beds in a day or two while daily Covid deaths drop to less than 300
- There is an online discount on the new Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme opening on Monday priced at ₹4,777 per gram