Microsoft and Netflix take users back to 1985 into the ‘Upside Down’ world of Stranger Things
- Microsoft is collaborating with Netflix to bring users
Windows 1.11that will launch users in the Stranger Things 3universe.
- An adaptation of Windows 1, Windows 1.11 is an entertainment app where users have to follow the links in an upside down universe to move forward.
- The game free to play and can be downloaded from the Windows Store.
Unlike the operating system, Windows 1.0, which was launched back in 1985 — Windows 1.11 is an entertainment app with easter egg hunts, reference galore to Stranger Things and callbacks to previous seasons.
The new game is essentially a series of links, some of them upside down, that you have to follow in order to unlock new challenges that get harder with each level — and it’s also free.
1985 was also the first time that a software Paint was available on personal computers and the mouse finally had utility — both of which have been used to make the Windows 1.11 experience more fun.
Microsoft goes whole hog on Stranger Things 3
The collaboration between Microsoft and Stranger Things 3 doesn’t end with Windows 1.11.
The Microsoft enterprise that also launched themes for Windows 10 and a paid Strangers Things Season 3 game that costs $19.99 in the Windows Store.
AdvertisementThe game is more engaging than Windows 1.11, in the sense that it has actual characters, a story line and a cooperative two-player mode.
The company has also launched a ‘Camp Know Where’ workshop where fans can join in to create their own Stranger Things mini-movie and animations — but that’s only if you live in the US, UK, Canada or Australia.
Popular on BI
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Sustainable Urban Planning
- Anant Ambani, Radhika Merchant's pre-wedding celebrations begin with 'anna seva'
- Upcoming smartphones launching in India in March 2024
- Reliance, Disney announce strategic JV, Nita Ambani to be chairperson
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health