Nevada awards scholarship to freshman kicker Brandon Talton after hitting game-winning 56-yard field goal in upset over Purdue
- Nevada pulled off an upset win over Purdue on Friday, scoring 20 unanswered points in the second half to beat the Boilermakers.
- The hero of the game was freshman kicker Brandon Talton, who hit a 56-yard field goal as the clock expired to give the Wolfpack the win.
- After the game, Talton was awarded the game ball and given a full scholarship by head coach Jay Norvell.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The Nevada Wolfpack pulled off an incredible comeback against the Purdue Boilermakers on Friday night thanks to freshman kicker Brandon Talton.The Wolfpack entered the game as 11-point underdogs at home, and at halftime trailed Purdue 24-7, but would mount a comeback in the second half to bring the game within reach.Advertisement
Talton hadn't even known if he'd won the starting kicker job until Friday morning. As a walk-on, he was in an ongoing competition with the other kickers on the roster before being informed just hours before the game that he would be making his debut under the lights.By the end of the night, he had sent the home crowd into hysterics, kicked the third-longest field goal in school history, and helped the Wolfpack to just its second win ever against a Big Ten opponent, per ESPN.
If you thought Talton's night couldn't get better from there, you'd be wrong. As the Nevada locker room celebrated its comeback victory, head coach Jay Norvell gave Talton the game ball, and announced taht the walk-on would be getting a full scholarship.
- Read more:
Buffalo Bills kicker Stephen Hauschka offered to help Carli Lloyd make the jump to the NFL and believes she could succeedAdvertisement
- Mukesh Ambani’s youngest son Anant Ambani who said “Reliance meri jaan hai” joins Jio Platforms as Director
- Bihar Board BSEB class 10th result declared, check @biharboardonline.bihar.gov.in
- The role of content in the Event IP industry in the time of COVID-19
- HDFC shares fall around 2 pc after Q4 earnings
- Maruti introduces comprehensive safety norms at True Value outlets