New Recruit Hands His Drill Sergeant The Worst Reason For Joining The US Military Ever
The reasons Americans have for enlisting in the
The handwritten note was posted to Reddit by Basic Combat Training (BCT) Drill Instructor Looney82. These are the career soldiers in the green campaign hats who receive raw recruits from every imaginable background in the country. Looney82 has a sterling reputation on Reddit that lends itself to believing the letter is genuine.
A drill sergeant's job is a 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week gig in the
This young soldier has been in uniform no more than a few weeks, is sleeping no more than a few hours a night in a large bunkbed-filled room with up to 60 or so other recruits. He or she is getting woken up to pull watch, is learning how to use an automatic rifle, a belt-fed machine gun, a rocket launcher, a claymore mine, six types of hand grenades, and a grenade launcher.
This soldier is doing all this because:
Now Watch: How Israel's Security Iron Dome System Works
- RBI bars JM Financial Products from financing against shares, debentures
- UP govt approves proposal for formation of Uttar Pradesh State Capital Region on lines of NCR
- Popular Vehicles and Services to float IPO on March 12
- Nothing Phone (2a) smartphone debuts in India, priced starting at ₹23,999
- New variant of H5N1 bird flu spreads to marine mammals, heightening concerns for human transmission