New Skoda Octavia launched for starting price of Rs 15.49 lakh
While the petrol variant, with two engine options of 1.4 litre and 1.8 litre, is priced between Rs 15.49-20.89 lakh, the diesel version, powered by a 2-litre engine is priced between Rs 16.9-22.89 lakh for four variants.
"The Octavia is the heart of Skoda brand. Globally, it has sold over six million units in total. In India, it has sold over 90,000 units since 2001 when the company entered the market with the model," said Ashutosh Dixit, Skoda Auto India Director Sales, Service and Marketing.
He added that the company has seen a 15% growth in January-June this year, selling 7,576 units in the period mentioned.
"We plan to grow our sales 30% this year on the back of new products and further consolidate our position in the premium segment," Dixit said.
The new model, which would compete with
"While retaining its strong characteristics of space, all round comfort, safety and technology, the new Octavia will be a compelling proposition in its segment and will continue to drive Skoda's success in India," Dixit said.
(Image source YouTube)
Popular on BI
- Bajaj Pulsar NS160, Pulsar NS200 launched in India starting at ₹1.46 lakh
- GPT Healthcare IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Juniper Hotels shares jump over 10% after flat market debut
- Rupee turns flat at 82.89 against US dollar in early trade
- Stock market indices kick off trading day with stability, witnessing a mix of gains and losses