New Software May Identify And Track An Individual In A Group
AdvertisementResearchers from the Spanish National Research Council (
The new software, called
The image of the individual becomes the particular ‘footprint’ that allows its tracking, although the human visual system cannot.
Even if they hide or temporarily disappear from the scene, these people are recognised by the programme when they enter the scene again.
"From now on, we will be able to quantitatively determine the rules of animal behaviour in groups, taking into account the individuality of each animal," said Gonzalo G de Polavieja, CSIC researcher and head of the study.
"Furthermore, it is possible to study the same individual in several videos because its 'footprint' is always the same. This enables a better understanding of their behaviour," Polavieja said.
Popular on BI
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route
- Ghazal maestro Pankaj Udhas passes away at 72
- Govt expedites Byju's financial inspection, firm says complied with MCA directions