Motu Patlu cartoon was the fourth most searched show on Google in 2018 in China.
Motu Patluwas the fourth most searched show on Google in 2018 in China.
- The show was also declared as the ninth most searched keyword in India and fourth most searched show in the world, in Google Trends 2018.
India’s favourite cartoon show, Nickelodeon’s Motu Patlu, has won hearts across the border, in China. It was the fourth most searched show on Google in 2018, said China Internet Report 2019.
The report however does not reveal any details about the viewership of the show in the country. The show was also declared as the ninth most searched keyword in India and fourth most searched show in the world, in Google Trends 2018.
Motu Patlu is a classic Indian cartoon series on the same lines as Laurel and Hardy. Two best friends
Anish Mehta, CEO Cosmos Maya, had earlier said that the show is their biggest property and they look forward to more viewership in 2019.
Global hit Indian Shows
Motu Paltu is not the only Indian toon to international. Netflix show
And its ‘local’ flavour is the reason for its success. “The content is authentically Indian. The setting is rural India. The stories and characters are local. The more authentically local the show is, the better it travels,” Ted Sarandos chief content officer of Netflix told Business Insider India.
If the trend continues, Indian cartoons might give a tough competition to their Japanese counterparts. For decades, Japanese cartoons and characters like Shin Chan, Doraemon, Pokemon and Ninja Hattori have been capturing the minds of children around the world, telling authentic Asian stories. Now, it could be the time for Indian toons.
Popular on BI
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Best portable photo studios in India
- Best spike guards for home use in India
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report