Nissan created a special Rogue SUV just for dog owners - here are some of its best features
- The Rogue Dogue is a special one-off Nissan "Project Car."
- It was created for the car-show circuit to show off how a popular compact SUV could be modified for maximum canine pleasure.
- Nissan let us borrow it, and we tried it out on a real live dog.
Compact SUVs are crazy popular now - nearly 2.5 million have been sold this year - and one of the craziest popular of all is the Nissan Rogue.
The Rogue is the number-two bestselling company crossover in the US market, sandwiched between the Toyota RAV4 and the Honda CR-V. I've always liked the Rogue as a sort of semi-luxurious alternative to Toyota's and Honda's stalwarts, and my colleague Danielle Muoio is a big Rogueista (Rouger?).
At the New York Auto Show earlier this year, Nissan showed a concept called the "Rogue Dogue," a Rogue kitted out with a sort of dog-ue-y (Get it?) amenities. Back in April, I didn't own a dog. But thanks to the unrelenting pressure of my entire family, I now do. His name is Marco.
Here's what it was like to travel with him in the Rogue Dogue.
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Great to reunite with Sanjay Leela Bhansali after 25 years: Manisha Koirala
- Farhan Akhtar, Shibani Dandekar team up for Netflix series 'Dabba Cartel'
- 10 Fruits that help increase stamina
- DGCA fines Air India ₹30 lakh after elderly passenger's death at Mumbai airport
- Oppo F25 Pro with a 32MP selfie camera launched starting at ₹23,999