NITI Aayog’s First Meeting To Take Place On February 6
AdvertisementThe first meeting of the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog, which has replaced the
"The Prime Minister is taking keen interest in functioning of the Aayog, which will help the government in taking several policy initiatives in near future. It will also give inputs for the forthcoming budget," The Economic Times quoted an official.
NITI Aayog will draw the roadmap of social and economic policies to be adopted for the country’s development. It will soon come up with an integrated energy policy, which will also encompass issues related to climate change. The Aayog will also formulate policies related to health, education and agriculture sectors.
On January 1 this year, the Union Cabinet had replaced the Planning Commission with NITI Aayog. The step was taken to give a face-lift to the Planning Commission after 65 years of its existence.
Popular on BI
- Corp affairs ministry probing Chinese cos linked to loan apps; investigations at advanced stages
- Meet the four astronauts who will steer India's Gaganyaan mission
- Tamil superstar Rajinikanth to collaborate with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Zerodha founder Nithin Kamath recovering from stroke he underwent 6 weeks ago
- Global automakers scale back electric vehicles, turn towards hybrids