NTPC's stake sale fixed for Tuesday, to fetch Rs 5,000 crore
AdvertisementOn Tuesday, the government will sell 5 per cent stake in state-run
A successful share sale of NTPC, India's largest energy conglomerate will take overall
The big miss on disinvestment has been blamed on global volatility in capital and currency markets. The
So far, the government has been able to garner about Rs.13,340 crore by selling stakes in Rural Electrification Corp. (Rs.1,600 crore), Power Finance Corp. (Rs.1,670 crore), Dredging Corp. of India (Rs.53 crore), Indian Oil Corp. (Rs.9,370 crore), and Engineers India (Rs. 640 crore).
NTPC shares closed 2.05 per cent lower at Rs. 126.85 on the Bombay Stock Exchange on Monday. In contrast, the
Popular on BI
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- IT giant Infosys reappoints Salil Parekh as CEO and MD for next five years
- WhatsApp will end support for iOS 10 and iOS 11 from October onwards
- Xiaomi and Leica partner for a flagship device, Xiaomi 12 Ultra expected to launch in July
- Zomato, HDFC, HDFC Bank, Paytm and other hot stocks to watch out for on May 23
- Telangana minister wants cess scrapped and fuel prices back to 2014 levels