Obama Just Made An Awkward Joke About The Military And Santa
AP/Mel EvansPresident Barack Obama joked on Monday that US troops are essentially "Santa in fatigues" because of their dedication to serving their country.
"We're free and safe and secure over here because you're willing to serve over there. ... You never stop serving. You never stop giving," Obama said before quipping, "You guys are like Santa in fatigues."
Obama's humor earned some polite chuckles from the audience at the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey.
His next joke, however, earned a much more enthusiastic response.
"Although I'll bet one of those C-130's is a little more efficient than Santa's sleigh," he added.
View video of Obama's full speech, via ABC News.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Pan-India drug trafficking cartel using cryptocurrency through dark net busted
- Strengthening ties: India gifts 3,000 LPG gas stoves to underprivileged families in Nepal
- Honda unveils Elevate SUV to compete with Creta, Seltos and Grand Vitara
- Explained: Why Apple's new VR headset is the talk of the town despite being priced 3X more than Meta Quest Pro
- Aditya Birla Group to take on Tata, Reliance now in the branded jewellery space