Offline stores to go online on Paytm Mall
The platform will give an online presence and catalogue to these stores so that their customers can directly buy from the stores.
For ease of business, the O2O strategy will be applicable for orders within a specific city so that logistics can be directly managed by the company's logistics partners or the merchants.
In turn, sellers will pay a fixed fee similar to that of online sellers on the Paytm marketplace.
A similar strategy was pursued by
Alibaba is one of the earliest investors of Paytm.
As of now, the feature focuses on merchants and brands dealing in mobiles, electrical appliances, fashion segments, and packaged fast moving consumer goods.
Popular on BI
- Corbevax price slashed to ₹250 per dose inclusive of GST
- IT professionals with 5-10 year experience are the best paid people in India
- Best toy bikes to keep your kids engaged
- New Range Rover Sport revealed in India— check features, specifications and more here
- Three new IPOs opening this week — Paradeep Phosphates, Ethos, eMudhra while LIC to list on exchanges tomorrow