Offline stores to go online on Paytm Mall
The platform will give an online presence and catalogue to these stores so that their customers can directly buy from the stores.
The Paytm Mall QR code that these stores will have would be different from the payment-based QR code channel, and will also help customers order specific products if they are out of stock online.
For ease of business, the O2O strategy will be applicable for orders within a specific city so that logistics can be directly managed by the company's logistics partners or the merchants.
In turn, sellers will pay a fixed fee similar to that of online sellers on the Paytm marketplace.
A similar strategy was pursued by
Alibaba is one of the earliest investors of Paytm.
As of now, the feature focuses on merchants and brands dealing in mobiles, electrical appliances, fashion segments, and packaged fast moving consumer goods.
Popular on BI
- RBI directs all banks to keep branches open till March 31 for annual closing
- Sensex, Nifty50 edge up in morning trade driven by auto and PSU bank stocks
- Strong tremors jolt Delhi-NCR, other parts of north India; no immediate loss of life or property reported
- At least 9 dead as powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake jolts Pakistan
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing