Olacabs hacked again! Hackers get access to credit card, transaction details
As per a new report by NextBigWhat, Ola Cabs has been hacked by a hacker group which has posted the database structure of the biggest cab provider in India. The hackers, on Reddit, claimed to have an access to the user details as well as credit card transaction history. Isn’t that frightening?
The hacker group stated that, “Their Application design is very poor and their development server is weakly configured. The hack was a little tricky and involved many steps to get to the database. Once we got to the database it was like winning a lottery. It had all the user details along with credit card transaction history and unused vouchers. The voucher codes are not even out yet.”
Calling themselves Team Unknown, these hackers have assured the users that they would not be using credit card details and voucher codes.
The hackers also posted the snapshots of the database structure of taxi rider, raising a question on the security team of Ola Cabs.
However, a Ola Cabs spokesperson stated, "There has been no security lapse, whatsoever to any user data. The alleged hack seems to have been performed on a staging environment when exposed for one of our test runs. The staging environment is on a completely different network compared to our production environment, and only has dummy user values exclusively used for internal testing purposes."
The spokesperson further stated, "We confirm that there has been no attempt by the hackers to reach out to us in this regard. Security and privacy of customer data is paramount to us at Ola."
Popular on BI
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires