One of these prototypes could become Trump's border wall
Eight prototypes of Trump's border wall have been finished at an estimated cost of between $2.4 and 4 million. Following is a transcript of the video.
One of these prototypes could be Trump's border wall. Construction finished on eight prototypes and the mock-ups have been placed at the border in San Diego. The prototypes are built with reinforced concrete and stand 18 - 30 feet high.
Estimated cost for the prototypes was between $2.4 and 4M. The funds are from "reprogrammed money" within US Customs and Border Protection.
Trump has had obstacles getting funding for the wall. The Senate refused to green light a $1.6B down payment. A House panel recently approved a bill that would provide up to $10B.
The bill will now head to the House floor for debate, but experts say the full cost could come out to about $22B.
California plans to sue Trump to prevent the wall from being built.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala