One person was killed and 2 were injured during a Black Friday shooting at an Alabama mall
- A man was shot and killed by police late on Thanksgiving evening after gunfire erupted at a mall in Alabama, local news sources reported. Two were injured.
- The incident took place at Riverchase Galleria mall in Hoover, between JCPenney and Foot Action on the second floor.
- Since 2016, three people have been injured in Black Friday shootings, according to a website that tracks these incidents.
A man was shot and killed by police after gunfire erupted at an Alabama mall during Black Friday shopping on Thursday evening, local news sources reported. Two others were injured.
Police told AL.com that a fight had broken out between two young men. One of these men - an 18-year-old - and a 12-year-old girl were injured, while the other, a 21-year-old man, fled the scene. This man was later shot and killed by police.
The incident took place at Riverchase Galleria mall in Hoover, between JCPenney and Foot Action on the second floor.
'This is a big shopping day for us as it is for everybody across the country. We always gear up for extra manpower starting on Thanksgiving afternoon, we do that throughout Christmas," Hoover police captain Gregg Rectors told AL.com.
He continued: "The Galleria has been here about 33 years now and I could probably count the number of people who have actually been shot on this property on one or two hands. It's one of the safest shopping destinations. Unfortunately, if you get thousands and thousands of people together in any venue, occasionally you're going to have violence."
The mall reopened at 6 a.m. on Friday, according to The Associated Press.
Since 2016, three people have been injured in Black Friday shootings, according to a website that tracks these incidents.
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World