Our 7 best bets for Week 1 of the college football season
Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images
- College football is back!
- After a great start to the year, the first full slate of games will begin this weekend, with action both Friday and Saturday.
- Below we put together our best bets to make some money this weekend, including a few big favorites to cover against inferior opponents.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
College football is back!
After a thrilling "Week 0" matchup between Florida and Miami started the season last week, the college football calendar kicked off in full on Thursday night with games across the country.
This Friday and Saturday, football fans will be served their first full slate of games of the year, with all of the top teams in the country back in action.
To celebrate the start of the season, we're back once again with our best bets of the college football weekend.
Alabama (-33) over Duke
Illinois (-18) over Akron
Penn State (-44) over Idaho
Northwestern (+6.5) over Stanford
Georgia (-22.5) over Vanderbilt
Oregon (+3.5) over Auburn
Louisville (+18) over Notre Dame
- Most secluded places in India to visit in 2023
- Relieve constipation naturally with Indian foods: A guide to digestive health
- Less than half of JSW Infrastructure’s IPO subscribed on day 1
- Big unlisted companies may come under tighter regulatory norms
- IndianOil unveils India's first green hydrogen-run bus that emits just water