Indian unicorn OYO has conquered China and is now the country’s largest hotel chain
- The 6-year old hospitality unicorn has become China’s largest hotel chain.
- Earlier in June,
OYOhad also announced its expansion plan in the US.
- The company is on a steady growth phase to become the world’s largest hotel chain.
The Indian hospitality unicorn OYO has achieved the numero uno position in one of the world’s toughest markets – China.
View all Offers
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999₹ 29999Buy On
- 20% OFF
iQOO Z5 5G (Mystic Space, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | Snapdragon 778G 5G Processor | 5000mAh Battery | 44W FlashCharge | Rs.1000 Coupon Discount₹ 23990₹ 29990Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro Max (Glacial Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -108MP Quad Camera|120Hz Super Amoled Display₹ 18999₹ 24999Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO A31 (Mystery Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 11490₹ 15990Buy On
It has become the largest hospitality chain in China, within two years of its entry into the market.
The company is the process of investing $100 million out of the $600 million it had earlier committed to China. It is present in over 337 cities and has 500,000 rooms in the country.
AdvertisementOYO already hired 10,000 people and created for 200,000 jobs indirectly, in the market.
The six-year-old startup has much higher ambitions in sight – to become the world’s largest hotel chain, as conveyed by its CEO Aditya Ghosh earlier this year.
OYO has over 175,000 rooms in India. It is also adding 60,000 rooms every month, globally.
Earlier this month, OYO said that it will invest $300 million to expand its footprint in the United States – into cities like New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. It already has 50 hotels across 15 states in the US. It is currently present in cities like Dallas, Houston, Augusta, Atlanta and Miami.
In April 2019, it partnered with SoftBank Corp and SoftBank Vision fund for expansion in Japan. It also runs a housing rental service called OYO Life in the country.
OYO is making a march to the top US cities with $300 million and blessings from Softbank and Airbnb
Popular on BI
- Has the legal battle between PhonePe and BharatPe over ‘Pe’ been going on for too long?
- A panel headed by a retired judge will probe if the Indian government used Pegasus to spy on journalists and other prominent citizens
- Sustainability in India is not just about 'going green’ but also topped with societal needs like equality, inclusiveness, and wellbeing: Report
- Fuel prices surged again by 35 paise per litre after a two-day break
- Cisco wants to make virtual meetings more immersive with real-time holograms of actual people just like sci-fi movies