OYO enters the student housing segment, partners with IIT Delhi and Plaksha University
OYO Lifehas partnered with IIT Delhiand Plaksha Universityto manage over 500 beds.
- The pricing starts at ₹6,500 and goes up to ₹12,999 per bed.
OYOLife was launched in 2018 and is present in 4 cities – Delhi, NCR, Pune and Bangalore.
AdvertisementOYO Life, a subsidiary of OYO Hotel and Homes, announced that it is expanding into
“The demand for fully furnished, fully maintained, internet-ready accommodations and innovative services has increased manifold. We are confident that our growing presence in the student housing segment will enable us to scale 100K beds by 2019-end,” said Rohit Kapoor, CEO, New Real Estate Businesses, OYO.
Oyo claims to provide students with amenities such as surveillance and security, Wi-Fi and food.The prices start at ₹6,500 and goes up to ₹12,999 per bed, per month.
OYO Life launched in 2018 and is present in these cities – Delhi and NCR, Pune and Bangalore. They operate over 30,000 beds.
The competition in the student housing segment is heating up. Recently, home rental startup Nestaway too said that it will enter the segment. Stanza Living is another player who has been catering to this segment for the last two years.
According to a report released today by Student Accommodation Provider Association of India (SAPFI) and CBRE, the student housing sector will attract as much as $700 million investment and add 600,000 beds by 2023.
- High profile divorces are stories of claims and counterclaims best settled outside court
- Traffic jams, roads inundated; Heavy downpour in Chennai causes disruption to normal life
- Outgoing CM to union ministers: Bigwigs who slipped in Assembly Elections 2023
- Innovation remains at the heart of entrepreneurship fueled by Flipkart’s unwavering support
- No stopping the election party with occasional profit-booking say analysts