Panasonic Expands In Overseas Markets, Ties Up With Minda To Launch New Company
The firms, through their joint venture company, want to harness the potential of the rapidly growing market of lead acid storage batteries for both two and four wheeler vehicles in India—this by leveraging Panasonic’s technology as well as the consumer base of the parent companies.
“Panasonic started the production of lead acid storage batteries in 1937. Since then, we have consistently responded to requirements of various customers and achieved steady progress. We believe our technology over the years will contribute to development of the industry of lead acid storage batteries in India through the joint venture company with UNO MINDA”, said
Talking about the battery market in India,
The companies are planning to establish the new joint venture company on November 1, 2014 in Delhi. The company will have 3 members from Panasonic and two from Minda on board. The equity structure of the company has Panasonic as the major partner with 60% stake and the remaining 40% lies with Minda. The company aims to have a production capacity of two million units by 2018 with employee strength of 500 people. The firm will be headed by Japanese executive Takashi Komo.
Currently, Panasonic has production bases in its home country Japan, Thailand and China. With the launch of the new company, the firm aims to expand overseas operations of its business.
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock double after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi
- Top 10 most wicket-takers for India in the history of Test Cricket