Paytm’s Japan subsidiary PayPay nets 10 million users in 10 months
Vijay Shekhar Sharmatook to Twitter to announce that PayPay has garnered 10 million users.
- PayPay was formed out of
Paytm’s partnership with SoftBank and Yahoo Japan.
- SoftBank is one of the major investors in Paytm.
AdvertisementPaytm’s Japanese subsidiary PayPay has managed to net 10 million users in ten months.
Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma took to Twitter to announce the same.
Our Japan ‘s @PayPayOfficial business achieved a key milestone ! Just in 10 months, we are now 10 million users,… https://t.co/NGymRv1Rmp— Vijay Shekhar (@vijayshekhar) 1565254226000
In October 2018, Paytm had partnered with SoftBank and Yahoo Japan to offer digital payment solutions in Japan. Through this collaboration, Yahoo Japan suspended its own wallet giving PayPay direct access to all its Yahoo wallet consumers.
SoftBank is one of the major investors in Paytm. In 2017, Softbank had made its biggest bet in the Indian ecosystem by pumping in $1.4 billion in Paytm.
Paytm is not the only Indian startup backed by Softbank which went to Japan. Ritesh Agarwal’s OYO where Softbank is a key investor, entered the Japanese market, thanks to its famous backer. In April 2019, OYO announced its partnership with SoftBank Corp and SoftBank Vision fund to launch Oyo Hotels Japan.
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- Air India rejigs 250-aircraft Airbus order
- Retail trumps corporate lending as small-ticket loans see fourfold jump in past two years
- Exploring the nutritional marvel of Gond laddu: A winter delight