People are hoping Meghan Markle's wedding dress could include pieces of Princess Diana's dress from 1981 - here's what that could look like
Chris Jackson/Getty Images
- Meghan Markle's wedding dress remains a mystery, but plenty of rumors are swirling.
- Some rumors have included the possibility of Markle paying homage to Princess Diana with her wedding attire.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are getting married on May 19, 2018.
Meghan Markle's wedding dress remains a mystery.Markle is expected to wear a traditional gown with a unique detail for the royal wedding on May 19.
The list of potential designers for her wedding dress include Markle's friend and designer Roland Mouret - whose line of wedding dresses includes seemingly simple designs with structured lines. Israeli designer Inbal Dror has also been speculated. Dror's 2018 collection incorporates more lace, sheer fabric, and gems than Mouret's. Rumors of Burberry's Christopher Bailey designing the royal wedding dress have also been discussed.Markle may very well wear wear two wedding dresses - changing into something slightly more casual after the ceremony. This move would echo Kate Middleton's dress change during her wedding in April 2011.
Rumors have also been flying that, like Markle's engagment ring - which includes two stones from Princess Diana's collection - Markle's dress or floral bouq might reference Princess Diana.Below, take a look back at Princess Diana's wedding dress.
Princess Diana's wedding dress was designed by husband-and-wife team David and Elizabeth Emanuel. The gown had sequins, lace, and 10,000 pearls.
The value of the Princess Diana's wedding dress was estimated at $115,000.Advertisement
Designs of the dress were kept under wraps and only revealed on the day of the wedding.
Diana's dress had a massive 25-foot train — and her 153-yard tulle veil surpassed it.Advertisement
Markle's style has echoed Diana's in her engagement ring, which includes two diamonds from Princess Diana's personal collection.
According to Hollywood Life, Markle's wedding dress will reportedly cost $550,000.Advertisement
Designers that are rumored to be in the running include Roland Mouret, Inbal Dror, and Burberry's Christopher Bailey.
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021