Due date for filing income tax returns extended to March 15, 2022 for individuals whose accounts are to be audited
- The income tax department has extended the deadline for both filing
income tax returnsas well as tax audit reports.
- This was followed by several requests to delay the deadline because of difficulties faced by the taxpayers due to the prevailing Coronavirus situation.
- Check Business Insider for constant news and developments.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
OnePlus Watch Moonlight Silver: 46mm dial, Warp Charge, 110+ Workout Modes, Smartphone Free Music,SPO2 Health Monitoring & 5ATM + IP68 Water Resistance (Currently Android only)₹ 14999₹ 14999Buy On
- 58% OFF
Noise ColorFit Pro 2 Full Touch Control Smart Watch with 35g Weight & Upgraded LCD Display,IP68 Waterproof,Heart Rate Monitor,Sleep & Step Tracker,Call & Message Alerts & Long Battery Life (Jet Black)₹ 1999₹ 1999Buy On
- 20% OFF
HP Pavilion 14, Intel 11th Gen Core i7 16GB RAM/1TB SSD 14-inch Laptop, FHD Micro-Edge Anti-Glare Display/Iris Xᵉ Graphics/Backlit KB/B&O Audio/Fingerprint Reader/ Win 11 Ready/1.41kg, 14-dv0058TU₹ 84490₹ 84490Buy On
- 21% OFF
Victus by HP AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16.1 inches FHD Gaming Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB SSD/4GB GTX 1650 Graphics/B&O Audio/Flicker Free Display/Windows 10 Home/MS Office/2.48 Kg), 16-e0075AX₹ 64490₹ 64490Buy On
- 10% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 26.31 cm (10.4 inch), S-Pen in Box, Slim and Light, Dolby Atmos Sound, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM, Wi-Fi Tablet, Oxford Grey₹ 24999₹ 24999Buy On
Under the Income Tax Act, taxpayers are required to get their books of accounts audited if the sales, turnover or gross receipts of business exceed ₹10 crore, while in the case of professionals, the limit is over ₹50 lakh.
The deadline to file tax audit reports has been extended to February 15, 2022 from January 15, 2022.
The income tax department tweeted about the extension.
The notification by the income tax department said that the deadline was extended considering difficulties faced by taxpayers due to COVID-19 in filing tax returns and electronic filing of various audit reports.
On consideration of difficulties reported by taxpayers/stakeholders due to Covid & in e-filing of Audit reports for AY 2021-22 under the IT Act, 1961, CBDT further extends due dates for filing of Audit reports & ITRs for AY 21-22. Circular No. 01/2022 dated 11.01.2022 issued. pic.twitter.com/2Ggata8Bq3— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) January 11, 2022
SEE ALSO: Tata group to replace Vivo as IPL title sponsors from this year
- AGS Transact Technologies issue opens today — Check out the important dates and details of the IPO
- Railway recruitment 2022: Over 2,400 apprenticeship posts announced, check out last date and other details
- DDA budget: TOD hub, cycle walk, drain projects for better Delhi
- DA budget approved: DMRC grant; allocation for housing, other projects
- Government appoints Vikram Dev Dutt as Air India chief
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022