International mutual funds are trending amid the bull run
- Investment in international markets have increased through the mutual fund route.
- Retail investors contribute 22% to the overall
Fund of Fundsinvesting overseas assets under management (AUM) while HNIs contribute 62%.
- AUM of Funds of Funds,
mutual fundsinvesting in international funds, have grown 7 times since March 2021.
Fund of Funds (FoF) investing overseas are mutual fund (MF) schemes that invest in international schemes of mutual funds instead of directly investing in equity or bonds.
The latest data by Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) show a sharp increase in such funds investing in overseas mutual funds. The assets under management (AUM) of Funds of Funds investing overseas grew by 643% in the period between March last year to July 2021.
AdvertisementThis shows how investors' ability to diversify their investments has grown.
Moreover, the majority of investors invested in Fund of Funds investing overseas are high net worth individuals (HNIs) followed by retail investors.
About 62% of investors were HNIs and 22% were retail investors.
There are 37 FoFs schemes in the industry with overall 9.79 lakh mutual fund folios. A folio number in a mutual fund is a unique number allotted to each mutual fund investor similar to a bank account number.
The industry has added 7.89 lakh new folios since March 2020 which as of July 2021 stood at 9.79 lakh.
With the growing investment trends in global markets, investors are now more attracted towards
SEE ALSO: A judge just ruled a massive blow against Apple's App Store business
Trending movies and series to binge watch on Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar and ZEE5
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons