International mutual funds are trending amid the bull run
- Investment in international markets have increased through the mutual fund route.
- Retail investors contribute 22% to the overall
Fund of Fundsinvesting overseas assets under management (AUM) while HNIs contribute 62%.
- AUM of Funds of Funds,
mutual fundsinvesting in international funds, have grown 7 times since March 2021.
AdvertisementWhile investment in foreign markets have evidently gone up in recent years with the increasing investment platforms that provide easy access to overseas stocks like in the US, the mutual fund route to invest in foreign markets have also gained traction.
Fund of Funds (FoF) investing overseas are mutual fund (MF) schemes that invest in international schemes of mutual funds instead of directly investing in equity or bonds.
The latest data by Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) show a sharp increase in such funds investing in overseas mutual funds. The assets under management (AUM) of Funds of Funds investing overseas grew by 643% in the period between March last year to July 2021.
This shows how investors' ability to diversify their investments has grown.
Moreover, the majority of investors invested in Fund of Funds investing overseas are high net worth individuals (HNIs) followed by retail investors.
About 62% of investors were HNIs and 22% were retail investors.
There are 37 FoFs schemes in the industry with overall 9.79 lakh mutual fund folios. A folio number in a mutual fund is a unique number allotted to each mutual fund investor similar to a bank account number.
The industry has added 7.89 lakh new folios since March 2020 which as of July 2021 stood at 9.79 lakh.
With the growing investment trends in global markets, investors are now more attracted towards
SEE ALSO: A judge just ruled a massive blow against Apple's App Store business
Trending movies and series to binge watch on Netflix, Prime Video, Hotstar and ZEE5
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala