Three days left to link PAN with Aadhaar to avoid any penalty or other consequences
- The deadline to link your PAN to your Aadhaar is March 31, 2022.
- One could face certain consequences in executing financial transactions if PAN and Aadhaar are not linked.
- Also a penalty of ₹1,000 is levied if failed to link PAN with Aadhaar before March 31.
Among other things, an important one is to link your PAN with your Aadhaar card before March 31st, 2022.
If you do not link your PAN to Aadhaar, it will become inoperative and one may face slew of penalties.
Linking PAN-Aadhaar after March 31 will levy a fine up to ₹1,000, according to the Central Board of Direct Taxes. Besides, providing an invalid PAN will also attract fines up to ₹10,000.
In case you don’t link PAN with Aadhaar, your PAN would become inoperative, which would mean that you will not be able to invest in mutual funds, stocks or open a bank account among other things. To complete the KYC process on an investment platform, one needs an active PAN.
- Click here to quickly link your PAN to Aadhaar on the income tax portal.
- Send an SMS from your registered number with Aadhaar on 567678 or 56161.
Dear Taxpayers,— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) March 29, 2022
Here’s your final chance to file your belated ITR.
The last date to file ITR for AY 2021-22 is 31st March, 2022.
Let's not wait for the last day.#FileNow
Pl visit: https://t.co/GYvO3n9wMf#ITR pic.twitter.com/3L1utbBmEm
SEE ALSO: India might be building a super app for its farmers, combining weather, market updates, advisories and more in one app
Crypto prices are on the rise – here’s list of altcoins that have been in the spotlight
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO
- Quality work matters more than time-punching and attendance says new survey
- India's FY24 third quarter GDP growth seen at 6%: ICRA
- Post-meal digestive aid: foods to help digestion after a meal