Top mutual funds to invest in large cap and mid cap stocks
- Are you looking to invest in top mutual funds in the large and mid cap category? Here is the list of top 5 picks for you.
- Large cap funds are generally a must in one’s portfolio as large cap companies, typically, have strong corporate practices that make them safe and transparent as well as, more often than not, provide good growth.
- Mid cap companies are the ones with ₹5,000 to 10,000 crore market valuation that have the potential to outperform the market.
Large-cap funds and mid-cap funds are typically known to be a must in every investor’s mutual fund portfolio. Large cap companies have strong corporate practices that make them safe and transparent as well as, more often than not, provide good growth.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 8 Inch Queen Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (78 X 60 X 8 Inches)₹ 12199₹ 19999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Petra Solid Sheesham Wood King Bed (Teak Finish)₹ 14419₹ 50000Buy On
- 43% OFF
Wipro That's It Mid Back Mesh Ergonomic Home-Office Chair with Synchro tilt Mechanism, Adjustable armrest,Cushion Lumbar, Wide seat and backrest, 3 yr wrnty, BIFMA Compliant Components (Black)₹ 8049₹ 14140Buy On
- 10% OFF
Sleepwell Starlite Discover Firm Foam Queen Mattress (78x60x4 Inches)₹ 5959₹ 6605Buy On
AmazonBasics Mid Back Office Chair (Black, Leather)₹ 5999₹ 11000Buy On
Mid cap companies have the potential to give outsized returns compared to large cap stocks. Such companies generally have more focused business models and do not diversify as large cap companies. Further, their market capitalisation keeps on increasing as more investors spot the opportunity which makes it even more valuable stock.
Now there are hundreds of mutual funds in these categories which makes it more confusing to choose from. So here are the best five funds in both categories with top ranking and consistent returns over five years.
Data source: ET Money
|Top 5 large cap funds||5 year return|
|Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity Fund||17.98%|
|Axis Bluechip Fund||18.27%|
|BNP Paribhas Large Cap Fund||14.67%|
|Kotak Bluechip Fund||15.26%|
|Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund||16.92%|
Further, mid cap companies are typically the ones with ₹5,000 to 10,000 crore market valuation. Moreover midcap stocks have been outperforming large cap companies for some time.
These could be some of the fastest-growing companies in India and are, at one stage, likely to become large cap companies.
The sooner you get in these stocks, the more your investments can grow.
Hence, some investment in their growth cycles is a must in every investor’s portfolio.
However, not every midcap stock will be a success story. And, one may not have a information, or the analysis needed, to identify the real wealth creators.
So, it may be wise to invest in mutual funds where a manager is appointed to pick out the gems from the pile of stones.
Data source: ET Money
|Top 5 mid cap funds||5 year return|
|PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund||22.05%|
|Quant Mid Cap Fund||20.96%|
|Axis Midcap Fund||21.71%|
|BNP Paribhas Midcap Fund||17.56%|
|Edelweiss Mid Cap Fund||20.05%|
SEE ALSO: WhiteHat Jr’s CEO Karan Bajaj quits exactly a year after Byju’s acquired the company
15 small cap stocks that surged more than 100 per cent in last three months
Popular on BI
- OPINION: Received a year-end bonus? What will be the impact of perquisite tax in the new year?
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022